Select the date and time you prefer|
4-Week Cultural Sensitivity Coach Training
Learn about Cultural Sensitivity Coaching and how coaching professionals can incorporate the role of ally, challenging with care, and trauma-informed questions to facilitate the coaching process.
Time & Location
Select the date and time you prefer
About the Event
Cultural Sensitivity Coaching (CSC™) is a method of coaching that incorporates the coachee’s sociocultural experiences as part of facilitating the coaching process to help the coachee reach their full potential, maximize resources, and highlight strengths. CSC™ also allows the coach to approach coaching with cultural sensitivity, based on the coachee’s or client’s needs, and to challenge the coachee or client with care using life-informed or trauma-informed inquiry without crossing the “therapy or counseling” boundary.
The purpose of this course is to introduce coaching professionals to CSC™ and obtain a deeper understanding on how cultural experiences and social identity impacts accountability, productivity, and goal attainment. The mission of this course is to improve your awareness around the role of cultural sensitivity in coaching and aligning the appropriate coaching competencies to effectively apply CSC™. In this 4-week course, particiapnts undergo 6-hrs of synchronis learning (live session meet 1.5 hours per session once a week). You must also dedicate a minimum of 6 hours for the asynchronous portion of the training thrugh our training portal. The complete training time required for this proram is 12 total CCE hours.
Dr. Dawn C. Reid, ACC will discuss cultural sensitivity and what it means for both coaches and coachees. She will also cover how to use trauma/life-informed coaching questions to leverage coachable moments that embrace or challenge a coachee's perception without being insensitive or dismissive of the coachee's cultural or social landscape and unique experiences.
Participants are asked to experiment with new concepts or to have an open mind about old beliefs. We also encourage participants to bring their own examples or personal experiences if they have them. This course offers the opportunity to practice and develop coaching skills around diversity and inclusion, cultural sensitivity, and social identity.
- Incorporate and understand the alignment of CSC with key Core Competencies and Ethical Standards
- Identify the role heuristics play in facilitating the coaching process, goal attainment and decision making
- How to identify and develop empathy and managing biases as a coach
- Understand the role culture and social identity play in coaching diverse coachees/clients
- Understand how to apply a CSC-based approach in your practice through challenging with care, and using life or trauma-informed inquiry, building trust and safety, and communication
Receive a certificate of completion by the end of the training and earn CCEs.
ICF Competencies Addressed:
- Establishing Trust and Intimacy with the Client
- Powerful Questioning
- Direct Communication
ICF Ethical Standard Addressed
- Responsibility to Society
- Responsibility to Practice and Performance
- Responsibility to Professionalism
Once you register you will receive the Zoom invite information.
If you do not see a date that works for your schedule, please contact our office. We will add dates if we can get 4+ participants to register for the course. This course meets coninued coaching education for re-credentialing.
SEE MASTER CLASS EVENT